TikTok used to just be a fun app for tweens – or maybe you still feel this way? This is not the case anymore because everybody is on TikTok now. Personal trainers and other people in the fitness industry are on TIkTok and they use it to promote their business and widen their audience.
Here’s what you need to know about TikTok and how to use it to sell your fitness business.
1. Is TikTok right for you?
The app currently has more than 30 million active users, the biggest chunk of which are people between the age of 18-24. This means that it is made for a younger audience. Although there are older adults on it, it would be more for fitness professionals who are targeting a younger age group. IF your target audience is more for the older audience, you can still go in there because you will have less competition and this actually makes it easy for you to reach TikTok users who feel theres not much in there designed for them.
2. Understand how TikTok works
If you think TikTok will help your business expand, then you have to learn how it works before you dive in. TikTok is an app for creating and watching videos such as:
· Challenges – these often involve performing a particular dance using a specific style. This is always a great way to start when you are new to TikTok.
· Duets – these are collaborations with another TikTok user, another excellent way to get your feet wet on TikTok without having to prepare much.
· Reaction videos – this is like creating a review for something (could be a product or a service)
· Humor – there’s a ton of funny stuff in TikTok. You could go in there and post some jokes about fitness and personal training using something clever to convey it.
· Knowledge sharing – many users are on TikTok to give their audience short but enlightening information. You can share short nuggets of advice and use Tiktok to share it.
3. Creating your TikTok profile
So, now that you’ve decided to use TikTok for your fitness business’ marketing strategy, you need to create a profile. Just download the TikTok app, sign up for the app using a valid email address and phone number – it’s that easy. Now just change your profile photo or use a profile video option. Choose a username that is the same with your other social media accounts so the people will know it’s you!
4. Check other gym’s TikTok videos
If you are unsure where to start, you can check out accounts of other fitness businesses. Search using hashtags or start by looking into videos made by big names in the fitness industry. And once you know what to post, just tap on the “+” button to make your first video.
5. Find your own TikTok Style
With Tiktok, the theme is fun, casual, and entertaining. It is totally ok if you make a mess during a dance challenge, or if you don’t have your hair and make up done perfectly. Experiment with
different types of videos and take note of the ones you enjoyed doing and what you think relates the most to your target audience.
6. Cross-promote on TikTok
TikTok is a great for cross-promotion. You can use your TikTok videos on other platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook through built-in integrations. Sharing your TikTok content on other platform increases engagement and will help you find more people to follow you or spark an interest in your business.
7. Finally, HAVE FUN
Content doesn’t have to be serious all the time. Fun and silly videos will help you connect with your audience and it will keep them engaged. This will make you appear relatable and it may even make them curious about working with you. There is nothing wrong with shaking things up a bit and having a little fun once and a while.
There are a million ways that you can use TikTok for your fitness business no matter what type of business model you have. Just keep these tips in mind and you will have no trouble at all getting a following on the app.
And if you want to learn more about marketing strategies specifically for the fitness business. Just simply book a FREE 90-day Gym Growth Plan Session with me so that we can get you started.