In small businesses, there are very few things that GETTING MORE SALES can’t fix. But the challenge lies in making sure that every sale maximises your return AND will keep your buyers coming. There is so much competition out there, so your SALES PROCESS becomes critical to setting yourself apart from the crowd and making good profit.
FOUR IMPORTANT SALES CONSIDERATIONS
- Businesses that do not modernise or streamline their sales processes, or fail to add value, see themselves struggling with very low conversions. This means that people come in and leave without buying.
- In the fitness industry, we offer an immediate product that is not expensive but offers a tremendous value, and yet people still walk away from it telling you that ‘they need to think about it’. So staff need training in overcoming this common objection rather than just being ‘order takers’. ‘Order takers’ help interested prospects through the admin process to become a member BUT have no influence over prospects small objections who are sitting on the fence.
- Another challenge we face, is running HIGH value offers, paying BIG commission on sales and therefore running at a very low profit margin. The key is a) starting the sale in your marketing funnel, so you disqualify the ‘tyre kickers’ and ensure your team get more time with QUALITY prospects and b) you give prospects a genuine EXPERIENCE when they tour your studio, and make your ‘value proposition’ irresistible = more sales.
- Gym owners often get frustrated with sales staff missing sales targets but take no responsibility for weekly training and development or for the poor quality of leads they attract from social media or Groupon style discount website. The quality of you leads and the quality of your team is both your responsibility as the studio owner – SO MAN UP!
- Prospects should be clear on how your service will help them to achieve their goals. Your PROCESS should communicate HOW they will achieve their results FASTER and sustain the outcome LONGER when choosing you.