Instagram has been putting a lot of focus on video lately and with the addition of Instagram Stories, users are spending more and more time on the platform. IN 2018 Instagram introduced IGTV or Instagram TV and this totally changed the way we can use video on Instagram. As fitness studio owners, it’s important you keep up these changes and find ways to capitalise on their benefits to build your brand and get more members. Keep reading and we will show you just how you can do that.
What is IGTV?
IGTV is a new app from Instagram that was designed to let you watch and post longer videos in vertical mode. I guess they felt we are all accustomed to holding phones vertically, so the new feature is set up so you don’t need to flip your phone the other way to watch or film a video.
Here’s what it is, IGTV is like watching YouTube, only its vertical. It allows you to see content from people you are following who are already using the app as well. It also suggests content based on stuff that you previously watched.
How to Make a Great IGTV Video
* Make sure that you are shooting the video in vertical mode
* Don’t make the video too long because users tend to get tired of holding their phones when watching a long video. Try to keep your videos under 5 minutes, its too easy to swipe to the next video so get to the point in the shortest time possible.
* Introduce yourself for new viewers and give a 1 line introduction to each IGTV video and engage viewers and let them know ‘what you are going to talk about’. Keep it there long enough for them to read and don’t change into the next scene too quickly.
* You can repurpose videos that you used in other platforms, that’s a great use of your time. But make sure that you tailor it to IGTV. Add an intro, make it shorter, and make sure its vertical.
Now that you know the basics, let’s go to the exciting stuff. Here are 5 great IGTV ideas that you can use to promote your gym and get your brand out there:
1. Workout Routine – there is a great number of people who access their phones while in the gym and posting a workout routine on IGTV is a great way to add value and position yourself an expert in your field. To make your videos more professional, speed it up and add text with the number of reps in the routine.
2. Customer Testimonials – Hearing real people talk about your gym and your great service is more persuasive than anything else. Share the love that your customers have for your studio by uploading customer testimonials to your IGTV channel.
3. Recipes – sharing healthy recipes to your audience is a great way to make your expertise look more diverse as you talk about nutrition as well. You can use recipes that you might already have in your blog and you can schedule a quasi-cooking show with members of your team and turn this into a group activity that everybody can enjoy.
4. Campaigns – If you want to introduce a new weight loss campaign or a seasonal promotion, uploading it to IGTV would be a great way to get the news out there and promote it. You can mention your campaign mechanics as part of the video. Later, you can use updates such as client progress as material for your next IGTV video.
5. Tutorial or Tips – You can use IGTV to upload videos on how-to’s, or if you want to explain how a particular machine works. You can also use material from your blogs to feature tips for workouts, diets, and having a healthy lifestyle.
So that's IGTV - like when facebook live was new – the creators desperately want it to work, so they will give each of your videos an extra push and get it in front of more of your viewers in the hope you might continue to use it – So become an early adopter and get onto it.
For help with a structured marketing campaign to fill your gym with hundreds of quality leads book a free 10minute chat with Steve HERE
ABOUT STEVE GRANT
Steve Grant is an expert in business coaching for gym owners with 20 years of fitness industry experience including 4 years as a Health and Wellness Lecturer at ACPE and 8 years as the owner of one of Sydney’s most profitable fitness studios.
Steve is first Fitness Business Mentor to deliver innovative Gym Marketing Ideas from around the world, that add an extra $100k profit to any fitness business. Gym Hub provides a buyers group to help gym owners reduce expenses, as well access to proven systems for staff recruitment and development, teaching members to become highly leveraged and work as little as 12 hours per week.